Riding at Tugalong Outback Station in the Southern Highlands.
Farm holidays are a great way to introduce the kids to farm life, learn about produce plus have lots of fun in beautiful country locations. Many come with excellent activities that range from horse riding and cycling along bush trails, to camping, feeding ducks and geese or learning a new skill.
- The kid's Jillaroo and Jackaroo programs at Tobruk Sheep Station in Maroota near Wiseman’s Ferry. There are also bush dances, sheep shearing demonstrations and comfortable family style accommodation.
- Take in great lungfuls of fresh country air at Tugalong Station, which runs special kid’s programs incorporating horse-riding, 4WD tours, river swimming and night kangaroo and wombat safaris.
- Stay at the homestead, or in self contained cottages at Table Top Mountain Retreat just north of Albury. Explore over 20km of walking trails, or take an after-dark guided tour capped off by supper and stories by the campfire.
- At Hanericka Farmstay near Wagga Wagga, kids can try their hand at driving cattle, shearing sheep, planting and harvesting wheat and canola, and milking the cows. Or they can take it easy and play tennis, go horse riding and play in the pool.
- Visitors to Cedars Cottages in Kangaroo Valley are encouraged to help tend cattle, horses, sheep, goats and chickens. There are personal horse riding tours, fresh water fishing, and canoe and mountain bike tours nearby. Cottages provide comfortable accommodation for family groups.
- In the Goulbourn area is the 930-hectare sheep and cattle Pelican Sheep Station and historic Lansdowne Park.
- Children will love sleeping in the renovated railway carriages at Avondale Station, just over an hour from Gundagai, which also offers fun farm experiences.
- Collect eggs, plant trees and go stargazing at the 2700 acre Dairy Park Farm Stay near Orange.
- The tractor ride across the farm, with stops to feed pigs, goats and turkeys, admire the alpacas, milk the cows and collect eggs at Kookaburra Cottage Farmstay near Nelson Bay.
- Bulahdelah Forest Lodge is a farmstay set amongst rolling green hills, bushland and within easy reach of the Great Lakes. It offers horse ridng trails, a paddock pony for kids under eight, farm animals, trail bike touring and lots of fun and activities for all ages.
- A stay at Turlee Station near Mungo National Park will give the whole family a taste of outback country life. Camp out under the stars, watch sheep shearing and sheep dogs in action or stay in authentic shearers' quarters.
- At Honeycomb Valley Farm near Forster, the kids can get involved in milking goats, grooming rabbits and taking pony rides. They'll help with feeding cows, alpacas and chickens on this idyllic 90-acre family-run farm.
- Mowbray Park Farm Stays , near Picton, is the farm holiday destination that's closest to Sydney where the kids will love the farm animals, horse riding and campfires.
- National Cherry Festival, December, Young
- Crossing the Divide Farming Festival, March, Trangie